What is spiritual healing?
Spiritual healing is an ancient non invasive alternative therapy to help a person to become healthy, in body mind and spirit, without the use of medicine. The latin word for spiritual, spiritus, meaning ‘breath of life’ is often used in religious ceremonies but is not a purely religious practice.
Spiritual healing has been around for thousands of years, one of the best know is Shamanic healing. It is know to have a long history and can be traced back to the Palaeolithic times from 2.6 million years ago to about 12,000 years ago. The word Shaman comes from Siberia, the Tungus language meaning a person who can connect ‘the now to the spiritual realm’.
Other healers from other civilisations were/ are known as:
Yogis – from India
Healer priest – in ancient Egypt
Medicine man – Native Americans.
To name a few
Spiritual healing is administered through an energy transfer between the healer and universal or divine energy to the receiver. This can be given in a number of different ways;
- Hands on, touching the body
- Hands off the body, in a persons aura
- Distant healing, when the healer and client are in different locations
- Hands on, contact Healing, is generally used by healers in the Spiritualist Churches. Hands are placed upon the person, some times more than one healer and the healing energies are passed on through their hands from the healer’s healing guides. Reiki healers also place their hands on the body and move to different areas generally where energy centres, chakras, are located to activate the healing energy.
- The aura exists around the physical body and can not be seen by most people other than some healers. This is connected to the physical body through energy channels called meridian centres which are invisible to the eye but carry life energy through the body. The aura is made up of 7 lays each with their own frequency. If there is an imbalance in one of the layers it can effect our health, behaviour emotions or feelings.
- Absent Healing is ‘sent’, usually at a set time when both sender and receiver are aware and the recipient has given permission. Distant healing can be sent to anywhere in the world, sometimes this can be done by a group of healers to an area in the world that needs help ie. a disaster area.